Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 272- Feed the Birds

It's amazing how certain objects, smells, and sounds can spark up certain memories from your life. Sometimes those memories can be bad, like how the smell of pine always reminds me of the time I fell out of a pine tree. And then there are the good memories, like how lilacs always reminds me of my house I grew up in.

Humming birds always reminds me of my parents second house on Lake Wisconsin. I remember visiting them and seeing the little humming birds as they would catch a little snack from the feeder. I just loved seeing those humming birds.

So I decided I wanted to get a humming bird feeder. I have never had a bird feeder before, and I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get the little guys to come to my feeder, but I thought I'd give it a try. I also have some flowers growing by the feeder so hopefully that will help attract the little guys too. The feeder is located right in view from where I usually spend my down time. I also have the little kittens to help tell me if there is something of interest outside with their chattering.

So far no hummingbirds, but I have faith that someday I will catch a glimpse of the little guys having a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment