Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 273- Healthier Dessert Options

So, by now everybody probably knows I have a sweet tooth, and today I decided I need to have some healthier options for desserts. Hopefully I'll be able to satisfy my sweet tooth and not go into withdrawal from the lack of enjoying my usual favorite dessert options.

I have improved so much as far as not eating as many sweets, but I still have a long way to go. I don't think there's any reason why I can't still have sweets; I just need to be a little smarter as far as what I choose. I guess one thing I could do is increase my fruit intake. There are a lot of fruit I enjoy eating, and I could spice it up a bit by adding some yogurt or low fat whipped cream to it. I have also found that some of the recipes for healthier desserts include using ricotta cheese with fruit. I have never thought of that before. I'm willing to give it a try.

Hopefully I can come up with some healthier options to my desserts. I think this could actually be kind of a fun challenge to see how creative I can be. Following is a link I found with a few options that will at least give me a place to start.

Healthy Dessert Options

No comments:

Post a Comment