Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 281- Take Care of My Hands/Wrists

I had a recent injury to my right wrist and have been wearing a wrist brace for the last few weeks. Today my doctor told me I could start to ween myself off from wearing my brace, so I took it off during Mass tonight. Needless to say that was probably not the best situation to test out my wrist. Playing the piano was not the easiest thing for me to do.

I found it to be very weak, and it is actually quite sore now, especially since I also had to play for choir rehearsal right after Mass. I really need to make sure I ween myself off of the use of this brace slowly. I really don't want to make it worse. I know wearing this brace can be a pain, but I really need to keep wearing it. My wrist will get better; I just have to have patience.

I depend on my hands, wrists and even my feet for work. It is something I really need to take care of. I hate injuring myself, but it seems like it happens quite a bit. Some things I just can't help. Sometimes something is going to happen that is out of my control and I just have to deal with it.

But there are those things I can take control of like following doctors orders, which I have already mentioned in a previous post. I also just need to be more careful. I think this injury could have been prevented if I would have been more careful. Those shower curtain rods can be really dangerous! Yes, that is how I injured my wrist in the first place.

So from now on I will take better care of my hands and wrists and take control over what I can and deal with what I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment