Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 283- Partners for Life

My husband has traditionally been the person that mows the lawn, but I decided to do this task for him today. He had a pretty busy week, and I told him not to worry about the lawn. Mowing the lawn is probably my least favorite task to do. With all of the cleaning and organizing I have done, this was not going to be one of the tasks I added to the list, unless you count this as part of my 'work on the yard' task, but it's really not about the lawn.

I need to be willing to help out when needed. I need to be there to help when things get a little crazy for him. I know that this is something he would do for me if I suddenly became overwhelmed with everything going on around me.

We've got to do what we can for each other. It's not just the big things that matter in our relationship; there are so many little things that can really add up. I need to be willing to work on those little things. After all we are partners for life. We hopefully will have many years left together, and we need to do what we can to make our relationship as strong as it can be, and sometimes that may mean doing something small like mowing the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment