Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 290- March to the Beat of a Different Drummer

If a man loses pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured, or far away.                                                     ~Henry David Thoreau                                                                                                                              
Being normal is overrated. I used to do my own thing. I didn't care what people thought. I had my own unique way of doing things; I didn't fit into societal norms. I didn't always go for the current fads or do what everyone else did. I did what I wanted to do and wore what I wanted to wear. I was unique and I loved it. But sometimes I feel as though I have lost that uniqueness.

I don't quite fit into normal, but I don't think I have embraced my true unique qualities I possessed in the past. Sure I have my nine little butterfly tattoos on my ankle, which are definitely unique to me and sure there's a little quirkiness to my personality, but I feel like sometimes I may try too hard to fit in with what everyone else does and it's kind of depressing, because I know that's not who I am.

So I will march to the beat of a different drummer if I feel like it. I will take those unique qualities about myself and embrace them. I am who I am and there is no reason to hide those qualities.          

No comments:

Post a Comment