Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 291- Add Some Color

I have been known as a person that wears a lot of dark colors. Black or one of it's many variations along with neutral colors are what I wear most often. Now I'm not totally against wearing color. I have been known to wear shirts with some color in it once in awhile, but never on a regular basis.

I do have a couple of items in my small wardrobe that have color in them, but one of them I avoid wearing, because of the color. I also just don't like how it fits, so I don't care if it has color in it, it's leaving my wardrobe for good. I think if my wardrobe is composed primarily of items containing color it is going to force me to wear those items.

There are a couple of other items I am keeping. I have a nice flowery shirt that fits well within my idea of wearing color so that gets to stay. I'm still keeping my white blouse that belonged to my mom. I am also keeping my jean skirt, and I may keep my black capris and pair of tan pants I have. And just to make me happy I may also keep my black shirt. That's still up in the air at the moment. So what have I added to my wardrobe so far? Well I bought a purple shirt a couple of weeks ago. That's it. Now if you're keeping track you will see that I listed 7 items, so that leaves me with 3 additional items to add to my wardrobe that will contain some kind of color to them.

I'm not too sure how I feel about wearing items with a bit more color in them. For anybody else adding a bit of color doesn't seem so bad, but for me it really brings me out of my comfort zone, but I'm willing to give it a try and see what happens. I think I'm going about this the correct why by adding one piece at a time. That way it gives me a little time to get used to the idea of wearing different colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment