Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 308-Store as Little as Possible

In the last ten years we have moved quite a bit. We started off in Wisconsin and then went to Missouri/ Iowa (My husband was in medical school in Iowa and I was in graduate school in Missouri). Two years later we moved to Ohio and then two years after that we moved to Virginia. While in Virginia we moved two more times. So we have moved five times in the last ten years. That's quite a bit of moving around.

One thing I have figured out is that every time we have moved, I have always gotten rid of quite a bit of useless items that I had stored away. I would often wonder, as I went through my boxes, "Why in the world did I keep that?"

When you store something it is because you don't use it very often, so the question I need to ask myself next time I want to store something is, "Do I really need this item?" If the answer is no than I need to toss it.

I have my standard items of decorations that of course will be stored and a few little mementos here and there, but those are things that really should be kept to a minimum. From now on I will follow the rule of storing as little as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment