Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 314- Bite My Tongue!

Sometimes I just really need to think before I speak. I'll say something and then immediately regret saying it. But you really can't take it back, because once it's out there, it's out there for good. Hopefully when I do say something stupid I can come up with something afterwards to turn it around, but in my case I usually end up making it worse.

I'm not just talking about the times when I'm in a cranky mood and I snap at everyone around me, but when I'm just speaking in general. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that truly understands what I am trying to say. It makes sense in my head, but the words just don't seem to come out right. Sometimes I'll say something, and I'll think to myself, " What was I thinking?" or "Where did that come from?" or quite possibly, "I have no idea what I'm talking about!"

So from now I will try as hard as I can to watch what I say. Words are a powerful tool, and I don't want to do anything to hurt anyone. I also don't want to say anything that makes me seem completely out of mind. Oh... wait... I think it may be too late for that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment