Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 328- Slow Down!

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored every step of the way. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that is why we call it the present. ~Unknown 
Today I spent the day doing nothing. I haven't been feeling the greatest the last few days and so I thought it best to spend the day resting and recovering. Tomorrow I actually have a doctors appointment so I guess I'll find out if my husband is right; he thinks I may have strep. So today was definitely a day of taking it slow. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it gave me something to build on.

I need to be more deliberate with everything I do. I want to be able to enjoy my life, but I how do I enjoy my life when I am constantly on the run. I feel like I am always rushing to complete something or other. So my goal for today is to slow down; to slow down with everything I do. I want to enjoy the process of whatever it is I do. Not only will I enjoy the process, but I think I will do better at my different activities. I will accomplish more and I will be happier.  After all, life is not a race. I am definitely not in any rush to get to that finish line. That finish line will just have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment