Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 336- Make Washing Linens Easy

This is all about the sheets, bath towels, kitchen towels etc. I figured I needed an easier and more convenient way to clean these items and also I want to make sure I clean these items in a timely manner. It is such a pain to clean these items that I avoid washing them when I should.

I think the easiest way to do this task is to have more of these items, which goes against my idea of being a minimalist by getting rid of items, but I have also been trying to make things easier for myself too. I guess it's a matter of deciding what would make me happiest and I think making things easier for me wins in this battle.

I definitely want to wash these items at least once a week, depending on the item. So here's my plan for each item:

  • Wash cloths for washing my face- Have enough washcloths that I can put it in the laundry right after I get done washing my face. (This is one task I'm already doing. So this is the easy task.)
  • Bed Sheet- Have two sets. One set will be in use on the bed and the other will be kept in between the mattress and bedspring and will be used when I wash the sheets that are currently in use. This way I don't have to wait for the sheets to be washed before making the bed. 
  • Bath Towel- Have two towels. When I put the one towel in the laundry, I'll have the extra towel to use. 
  • Kitchen Towels- Keep enough handy to change daily. I will toss these in the laundry on a daily basis if I use them. I don't do much cooking so I may not have to always change these daily. 
I think that takes care of most of my linens. The one thing I like to do with these items that I don't do with my other clothes is wash them in hot water. These items are a breeding ground for bacteria, so I always want to make sure I get rid of all that bad stuff, which is why some of these items are changed and washed quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment