Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 335- Set the Timer!

One of my goals for this last month is to do a lot of refining. I have had a lot of tasks pertaining to organizing and cleaning. My goal now is to do what I can to make these particular tasks easier.

In one of my previous posts I talked about the "one minute" rule in which I spend about a minute doing a little cleaning here and there. This task obviously is not for doing those big jobs, but if I have a minute to spare than I just do something small and all of those small things can really add up. 

This new task follows the same premise, but instead it's 15 minutes. Each day I will set the timer and do whatever cleaning I can get done in the allotted time. With this time limit I can do a lot of those bigger cleaning tasks. I am truly amazed at how much I can get done in 15 minutes. I do have my daily cleaning schedule still, but if I finish my daily task(s) within 15 minutes, which is the case for many of the tasks on my daily cleaning schedule, then I just move on to something else, so I actually end up getting a lot more done.

This is another idea I got from flylady.net , but it really was just a reminder of things I have done in the past. I have often used a timer for doing certain activities, and even for some of my past posts I have given myself a time limit for certain things. I think instead of keeping my eye on the clock the timer will help keep me on track a bit better. So I will also use the timer for some of my other activities as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment