Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 337- Wait 30 Days Before Buying Any Non-Essentials

Today is about spending money on all those non-essential items or rather not spending money. I am getting close to the end and one of the first things I'd like to do when I'm done is go shopping for some clothes.

I must admit that my experiment with my 15 piece wardrobe for winter and my 10 piece wardrobe for summer has been very good for me. Even when I do finally go shopping I don't plan on getting much and although I may not go to the extremes that I went to with 10 or 15 items of clothing, I do plan on keeping my wardrobe small. I really like not having to worry about what to wear and it definitely helps save me a little money. Not only that but it forces me to be more creative.

If I see a non-essential item that I would like to buy it will go on a list and if after 30 days I decide I still want it then I can get it. My first items on the list are going to be a diamond necklace along with a brand new car and then... Ok, let's not get carried away. Of course I'm talking about things that are within my budget. I'm not going to put something on my list that's way out of my means. I have to have cash if I want to get something. If by chance after 30 days I decide I don't want that item anymore then I will cross it off my list.

I think a lot of items I get are impulse buys. Chances are at the end of the month I most likely won't want that item anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment