Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 45- 15 Piece Wardrobe (fall/winter)

Oh God, how I love you so, but must you test me the way You do? Before going on to today's task I had to revisit yesterday's task. Unfortunately I left a soda in the freezer, and when I opened it up today there was a big mess. So, I had to clean out the entire freezer again. I really can't post the words that came out of my mouth when I opened the door to that freezer, so we'll just leave it at that. I have a strong will, and with the help from God, my friends and my family I will persevere. I know I will be tested many more times throughout the year, but I am strong and I know I can do this.

So anyway, on to today's task. One of my goals is to simplify my life, and today that means dwindling my wardrobe down to fifteen pieces. Yes, you heard me correctly. That would be FIFTEEN pieces. Now this doesn't include obvious things like my lounge wear, and I'll keep out one of my fancy dresses in case I have something fancy I have to go to, and of course you know my um... underwear.

The rules are simple. I can get a new piece of clothing, but there is a price. If I decide I want to buy something new I must swap it out with one of my fifteen items. This is also my winter attire, so when summer comes again I may have to revisit my wardrobe, but some of my items should transfer over to summer without a problem.

My goal for this challenge was to have my clothes be in the same color group of reds and pinks, plus my neutral colors of black, brown and white (White's a neutral, right?). I know what you must be thinking. Pink? Yes pink. Anybody that knows me knows I don't wear pink. My current color palette is dark colors, mostly black, but I decided to go for something a bit different, so pink it is. The reason I chose to do the same color group was because I won't have to worry about what matches and what doesn't match, and I'll be able to wear these pieces in several different combinations. So, it'll appear as though I have many different pieces of clothing when in fact I only have FIFTEEN. I do have a couple of items that won't mix with everything, but for the most part many of my items should go together.

This one scares me, because I really love clothes. Also, while trying to figure this one out, I ended up having it narrowed down to seventeen, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out the last two items I wanted to get rid of, but somehow I managed to do it. My closet and my dresser seem so empty now, but it'll give me less to think about when I get dressed in the morning, and of course it'll save me on money. So here are the fifteen items:

My blazer and cardigans.

My shirts.

My skirts.

My pants.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed! I wish I could manage this.... it looks so refreshingly simple and would take SO MUCH stress out of my life and my closet. GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was worried at first, but it actually is working out pretty good. I've actually been living on only 14 items, because I need to hem one of my pair of pants. I also I have a sweater in there I can wear about 10 different ways, so that adds a bit of variety.

    ReplyDelete