Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 44- Clean Refrigerator

I don't know why, but initially I didn't think that today's task would be that bad, but once I began I realized it wasn't as straight forward as I thought it would be. Today's task was to give the refrigerator a good thorough cleaning.

As I began cleaning I realized that it may have been awhile since I've done this. It was kind of disgusting. At least there wasn't any expired food in there that had grown all moldy, but as my parents know I am very picky when it comes to my food. I never keep anything past it's expiration date, and I always make sure that all my fresh items are not in there for too long. That's just me. It is not unusual for me to clean out all of the expired food in my parents refrigerator when I go home to visit.

But when it comes to cleaning the refrigerator itself I guess I'm not as thorough. The fridge looks absoulutely beautiful now, but it definitely didn't begin that way. I even fixed the handle on the door that was practically falling off. This is another item of mine that I can keep pretty clean if I do some minor things each week.

First of all we know that I will keep all the food current and take out all the stuff that is expired, so we don't have to worry about that. I will also make sure to do a little wipe down of all the shelves and drawers each week, nothing major, just a quick little cleaning. I will also make sure that if there are any spills I will clean them up right away, no matter how small of a spill it is. Also, I think that every few months that refrigerator will get a major cleaning.

There are a lot of germs, bacteria, mold, and who knows what else that can grow in the refrigerator, which can end up making you sick. It's so important to keep it clean. And now every time I open up the door there seems to be this bright, radiant light emanating from inside. I don't know why it seems so much brighter inside, but it does. I am so proud of how beautiful the inside of my refrigerator looks. It's still looks kind of old and beaten down from the outside, but the inside is just absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment