Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 12- Sleep Patterns (same bed time)

Today was a busy day for me. I ended up having two Masses, a wedding and a Novena. Needless to say I am exhausted. I thought today would be a perfect day for me to start regulating my sleeping pattern.

I commonly go to bed whenever I feel like it, which means I never go to bed at the same time from night to night. I think this is probably part of my problem when it comes to my issues with insomnia. So tonight I will start going to bed at a specific time, and keep that going throughout the year.

Now I realize that there are going to be certain instances when it is just impossible for me to get to bed at my scheduled time. I am after all a music director for a Catholic church. It's not like I am going to be playing for Mass on Christmas Eve and suddenly get up in the middle of Mass and tell my choir, "Ok , you're on your own. It's time for me to go to bed." There may also be rare occasions where I may just be out late on certain nights maybe spending time with my husband or spending time with my friends. These are things that just can't be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment