Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 296- One Sentence Journal (Adjustment to Day 6-Journal)

I have been looking back at some of my entries as I approach my 300th day of this blog. I have done this occasionally, and I have made a few adjustments to some of my entries in the past. The time has come for me to take a serious look at my entries, and decide which ones I want to make adjustments to. I'd also like to take a look back at my entries and reminisce over all I've accomplished over these several months.

So today I took a look back at day 6 in which I gave myself the task of writing in a journal. I thought that I'd make an adjustment to this task. I always felt that I had to write a whole page in my journal to make it worthwhile, and sometimes I felt like I was really searching for something to write. I must admit that I am a woman of few words, and sometimes I find writing in my journal to be a difficult task. It's funny but even though I am a woman of few words, there have been times when I could just write for what seems like forever. I guess it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

I decided that a lot of my journal entries can really be summed up in one sentence. I think by keeping a one sentence journal I could really reflect on that one sentence that could sum up my entire day. I think one sentence is all I need to remember certain things. It would really make me think about that day and reflect on what I did.

So what would my one sentence for my journal entry be for today? "Today on the hottest day of the year, I got a new refrigerator." Nothing fancy, and nothing too interesting, but I will definitely be able to remember this day from that one sentence.

I will not abandon my full page journal, but for the most part I'm going to stick with the one sentence journal from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment