Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 325- Start a Not-to-Do List

I have made many lists for myself; so many I should get a binder just for my lists. As much of a pain as it may seem to have a list I have found I am the type of person that is very visual and needs that list to look back on once in awhile.

In college I would always have to memorize music for recitals and I always found this to be very hard for me to do. Even when I have a piece of music memorized I always like to have the music in front of me. That visual aid is like a crutch for me. Even if I know what to do I just like to be able to have something there to look at.

One of my many past lists was a to make a to-do-list for work. I decided to take a different approach this time and make a not-to-do list. I find that sometimes I get preoccupied; I get distracted with items, activities, food, people etc. that make me move away from the goals I want to achieve in my life.

While I think the to-do-list is very beneficial to me, I think the not-to-do list is just as important as I continue to work to achieve my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment