Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 345-Clean the Bathtub

I hate our bathtub in the master bathroom. No matter how hard I try I can never seem to get it cleaned. Today I decided to tackle that job. Just like the kitchen sink I knew this would be one that would be a challenge and yet something I needed to get done. The kitchen sink actually ended up being easier than I thought it would be; the bathtub, not so much.

It really drove me crazy. I tried every cleaner known to man and I scrubbed and soaked and scrubbed some more. I just couldn't get it clean. Finally out of desperation I took a wire brush, which I highly DON'T recommend doing, because it can damage the tub, but I was desperate and "Voila!" my tub was clean. On a plus side I didn't damage the tub either.

Sometimes desperate situations call for desperate measures, and everything I read said you shouldn't use a wire brush, but I knew I needed something tough to get all of those tough stains out. I was sure to only use it on the skid-resistent surface on the bottom of my tub. I also have an acrylic tub; I don't think I would use that on any other kind of surface. I was just careful to test it on a small area first before I went over the complete bottom of the tub. It worked for me, and if I scratched the tub it wasn't going to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment