Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 348- Make My House a Home

There's not much in my house that makes it feel like a home. I don't have many decorations. The only things I have that make it kind of homey are a couple of plants, a metal mermaid that was made for me and my bust of Beethoven. 

While I love these few items I have I need more to make it feel like a welcoming place not just for others that visit but for me and my husband. We used to have pictures hanging on the walls, but those were taken down when we began doing work on our house; besides there weren't really any recent ones. We definitely need some newer pictures hanging on those walls. 

One of the things I've been doing this year is simplifying and trying not to get attached to material possessions. But I still feel like I want to make this house more inviting and I would like to be able to make my house a stress free environment. I'd like to make it a relaxing place to come home to.

My plan for this is to use what I already have. I still have plenty of items I can use to make this work. I also want to go into this with a 'minimalist' approach. I don't want my house to look cluttered especially since I worked so hard to get rid of that clutter. I don't need a lot of stuff to make my home feel inviting.

 My mermaid that was made for me. I love it. 
It is one of my favorite items in my house. 
My friend is so talented.

My husband gave this to me when we first got married. 
I am so surprised it hasn't gotten broken with all the moving we have done.
 Beethoven is my favorite composer so this was a wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment