Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 340- It's All About Routine

So far I have established a morning routine and also a bedtime routine. The only thing I don't have a routine for yet is the afternoon. I have decided to call this my after work routine, because sometimes I get home in the evening.

It is so tempting to just sit down and do absolutely nothing after a long day of work, but there are still things I need to get done. I need to make supper, do the dishes, do a little cleaning, feed the cats, read the mail, workout if I didn't do that in the morning and generally do anything I didn't get done earlier in the day. It sounds like a lot, but it really only took me a half an hour. I didn't do the workout, because I only need to do that if I missed it earlier in the day.

It felt so good to get all of that stuff done right away. If I would have sat down on the couch right when I got home that's where I would have stayed for the rest of the night. Now I can just sit back and relax for the rest of the night knowing I got everything done that needed to get done.

One thing I want to remember is that if my routine starts to get a little monotonous then I need to go back to my previous post and mix it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment